Sunday 21 March 2010

Week 27 - Saturday

Another fantastic day of Premiership action brought loads of goals, a great win for Spurs & a lot of points as 7 of the players in my weekly picks post ended up in the top 11 points scorers for the week so far.

The day started at Villa Park as Wolves held Aston Villa to a 2-2 draw, with 2 goals for Carew, an own goal from Milner & 1 for Jody Craddock. Ashley Young grabbed great points but there was big disappointment for those who splashed the cash on Friedel.

I'd had Agbonlahor in my team until 10 minutes before the deadline, but saw the early team news on the Villa website saying he'd failed to even make the bench, so switched to Carew. I managed to alert people in the chatroom & I know some had time to make the same change...well done if you did!

Spurs beat Stoke 2-1 at the Britannia, which is a a result I really didn't expect as it's a horrible place to go. Gudjohnson & Kranjcar struck either side of an Etherington penalty, Stoke attempted to kick Spurs off the park & lost Whitehead after 2 late tackles on Modric, but it was a vital win.

Everton overcame Bolton 2-0 thanks to a brilliant Arteta freekick (brilliant points too) & a late Pienaar strike, with great clean sheet points for the whole Everton defence. Wigan snatched a last minute win vs Burnley, Rodallega with the goal & a superb 16 points from Kirkland, returning almost 8 times his cost.

Portsmouth threaten to give footballers a good name after their late fightback to beat Hull 3-2. How the players motivate themselves given their situation I really don't know, but it's great to see & O'Hara was at the heart of everything good. Sunderland beat Birmingham 3-1, although it could've been 4-3 to Birmingham if it wasn't for another outstanding performance from Craig Gordon. More goals for Bent, Jerome & Campbell.

The final game of the day saw Arsenal beat West Ham 2-0 despite playing over half the game with 10 men. A nightmare for Vermaelen owners, as he saw red after conceding a penalty, -9 points & a 1 game suspension. Denilson & Fabregas with the goals, Almunia with huge points thanks to his penalty save from Diamanti.

I end Saturday on 83 points, climbing up in to the Top 600 with 12 players (Terry (2), A.Jo (2), Malouda (2), Drogba (2), Warnock, Arteta, Milner & Carew) still to go, so it could be a very big week. It wasn't all good news however, as I dropped Drogba to stock up on Fulham & Wigan players on the barndoor for the double week...only to realise 10 minutes later that I'd made a mistake...

On Yahoo, Fulham are down to play their 2nd game of the week (vs Wigan) on Friday 2nd April, but after their victory over Juventus they will play Wolfsberg in the UEFA Cup on Thursday 1st April. The Friday league game will therefore be rescheduled, so it now looks like it will be a single week for all teams. Expect Yahoo to update their fixtures later in the week.

This realisation came too late for me, and there's no way I can afford to bring Drogba back in now, but based on reasonably easy games for Spurs & Man City next weekend, this is what I currently have saved on my team page for Week 28: Given, Bale, G.Johnson, Jordon, Arteta, A Johnson, Malouda, Kranjcar, Bendtner, Pavlyuchenko, Tevez

I'll need to keep an eye on Pav's hamstring injury which saw him subbed off after half an hour yesterday, I'm not certain to keep Glen Johnson although I do want 1 Liverpool player at home to Sunderland, I doubt I'll keep Jordon, but other than that I think the rest of my team could stay as it is barring injuries.

That'll do for today - really looking forward to Man United v Liverpool later on as I become a United fan for the day. I'll also be a Fulham fan as they face Man City, hoping for some favours to help Spurs in their race for 4th.

Let me know how you're getting on...how's your barndoor team looking?

Cheers,
AM

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done to carew and arteta.please score more for us :-) TJ

Anonymous said...

really annoyed to pick friedel over kirk, also not picking pienaar over milner.. should have follow my gut.. but, arteta and carew saves my day and jags with a CS..

anyway, end up with 69.5 with another 4 players to go and 10 players in midweek.. hoping drogba will get a hatty(malouda assists).. :)

right now i pick torres, tevez and modric. want pav, but i can't online last night.. so can't BD him.. keep up the good work AM, thanks for all the tips..

Anonymous said...

current team:

green
bale/jags/campbell
arteta/modric/malouda/a.johnson
kalinic/torres/tevez

SM

BerbaOwnsj00 said...

LOL PAV costs 15.96????
The hell is wrong with yahoo's pricing system.. a player scores 7 and goes from 9.30 to 16?!?!

Ian Sanderson said...

@BerbaOwnsj00....Pav has just completed his 8th game; prices are always reassessed after the first 8 games causing large jumps.
Same thing happened to Bullard this week, my 'fantastic pick of the week' scoring TWO POINTS.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your great posts as always.
I got 100+ points every week since I've found your blog.
I have problem for next week. I still have Drogba and my team looks unbalance. So I want to know your barndoor team if you still had had him. (or you would sell him anyway)
Thank you in advance.

Iceberg

Anonymous said...

thx for the info about the DG error. time to do some BD work today. S.P.

Anonymous said...

I finished saturday with 89.5 points
kirkland:16
alexander:3.5
baines:11.5
arteta:21
peinaar:10
malbranque:10.5
f.campbell:17
and for sunday i have m.richards, perdersen, kalinic, drogba

Anonymous said...

regret that didnt pick park. i was not gamble whether he plays or not.

gkinz

Anonymous said...

vermalaen will not play 3 matches continuing start from next week?

Anonymous said...

vermalaen will not play 3 matches continuing start from next week?

gkinz

Anonymous said...

Thoughts on Roque Santa Cruz playing next week?

G.

Anonymous said...

Vermaelen only misses one game for being sent off for his particular offence.

Anonymous said...

96.50 but am disappointed - Thought AJohnson would score better than 0.50 which was wiped out by my -0.50 from Kallinic
Like my BD team
Howard
Gardner Jag Hutton
Arteta Malouda AJohnson Murphy
Drogs Tevez Kallinic

Of course depends what happens with DGs on their second game

Anonymous said...

I dropped Arteta and Tevez just to be able to get Fulham players, crazy..
139 points, move to best 2000, and eight players will be play in midweek, sweet..

Anonymous said...

Arsenal have lodged an appeal with the Football Association against defender Thomas Vermaelen's dismissal in the 2-0 win over West Ham on Saturday.

Post a Comment