Monday 21 December 2009

The Blog Cup - 3rd Round Results


So with the Wigan v Bolton match postponed I've been able to calculate The Blog Cup 3rd Round Results a little earlier than planned...and it's bad news for me as I failed to make it in to the Top 60.

UPDATE: Last night Yahoo corrected a mistake where they gave Jerome an assist when it was actually Benitez. This correction has changed the cutoff point by 0.5 to...

...50.5 points! That proves what a poor scoring week it was, but congratulations if you got through to Round 4!
  
Rank
Team
Wk 16
1
Cincilatori 008
119
2
Wildcats
107
3
Bojan Barišic' CRO
96
4
mudwalkerz
92.5
5
The Ferriers
90
6
Matang Gerdu Football Club
89
7
Real16
86
8
SDG Destroyers
85
9
INDIA
84
10
TuHaU FC
84
11
Steve Bob FC ***
84
12
S.S. Falso
83
13
No more 3 v 3 (6 v 6)
82.5
14
F.C. NulNul
82
15
Red Card Collector
81
16
Sephiroth FC
80.5
17
Dare to Devil
79
18
homagetocatalonia
77.5
19
[bff] GloryGloryArsenal
77
20
Essendon Bombers
77
21
mILs
76.5
22
Efthymios (Arsenal Canons)
76.5
23
MU4ever
76
24
iceman_tsc
74.5
25
Wilverhebton Wankers
74
26
xiexie_xiaoxiao
71.5
27
Naningsholms IF
67.5
28
?Black Organization
67
29
Parmalat
65.5
30
Lions Gate
64.5
31
Fort Mudge FC
64
32
Astute United
63.5
33
Don't Outshine Me
63.5
34
Supermassive FC
63
35
mfk petrzalka
62.5
36
Perhentian FC
61
37
Stompire
61
38
FrenchCannons
60
39
Spanner Terminator
60
40
Johnnie Blacks
60
41
Compagnie des Limonadiers
59.5
42
PowerBola
58.5
43
Ttooulos
57.5
44
Puncak Saujana FC
57.5
45
GrEeDy ScOuSeR
57.5
46
Cech's Mates
57.5
47
binabad
57.5
48
Mbaw F.C.
57
49
The Owl Sanctuary
56.5
50
Sonic Rovers
56.5
51
Kavedas
55.5
52
On with the motley Crewe
55
53
Team Discovery Channel
55
54
Adriana's 1st
54
55
Shrek's Army
53
56
AJ Rovers - KBM
52.5
57
Al Iskandariyah
52.5
58
avoid the sophomore slump
52
59
‹^› ‹(•¿•)›
51.5
60
Electric Mayhem FC
50.5
61
FC B Team
50
62
FC Green Wave
50
63
`Michael`HotSpurs`
49.5
64
? Raven Chaser ?
49
65
FC UnitedAlbionRovers
49
66
The Supernaturalâ„¢
48.5
67
Munsoned
48.5
68
Showboat Superstars
48.5
69
Gunners
48.5
70
coqKODOKpisang
48
71
HARPOONS FC
46.5
72
HootervilleRutabagas
46
73
Urawa _[YNWA]
45.5
74
[HKBFF.PREALTY]JBI
45
75
Uppsala East-Enders
45
76
FirstEleven
44.5
77
Ze_Bull
44
78
Douchebag United
43.5
79
Numero Uno
41.5
80
greginho
41
81
Ovche Pole Blancos
40.5
82
Brighton Till I Die
40.5
83
ROCKY SANDERS
40.5
84
Team Crispy
40.5
85
FC Karnataka
40.5
86
JMAC Jaguars
40.5
87
WALOR
40
88
SuPeRMoMo76
39.5
89
Handayang Anom
38.5
90
Shrewsbury Town Canada
37.5
91
Giler Kentang
37
92
[PG_Kia_Team] Jiao Nui
36.5
93
Simply Da Best
36.5
94
magpie36
35.5
95
[KBM] NS United 4
34
96
FC Wuyetz
33
97
Modric is God
30
98
Bending time and mind
27.5
99
Team Go!
27
100
FK Suduva
25.5
101
Conswaila's Gunners
23
102
Wasphawks
16.5

I also need to clarify something regarding the cup competitions.

This competition is THE BLOG CUP - it started in Week 7 & was ONLY for the the members of Blog Leagues 1, 2 & 3.
Please CLICK HERE for more information on The Blog Cup
Please CLICK HERE for The Blog Cup 1st Round Results
Please CLICK HERE for The Blog Cup 2nd Round Results

There is another cup competition called THE AM CHALLENGE - it was for all 6 Blog Leagues & it started in Week 14. 
Please CLICK HERE for info on The AM Challenge
Please CLICK HERE for The AM Challenge1st Round Results.

If you think you are still in a cup competition but you do not see yourself in the above table then it's probably because you have got confused about which competition is which. Please check the links above to clarify.

Cheers,
AM

36 comments:

ToffeeDave said...

Am where am I in this?? I have 50.5 points this week, even with rodallega and Mtay missing the postponed game. I haven't left the community simply been busy with school but now im back. How has your season been going in light of me working 14 hour days for 3 weeks.

ToffeeDave said...

Nevermind as I just noticed I was knocked in round 2 haha. Cheers.

Fidan said...

First...Whauuuu....Awsome. But sorry you didn't make it AM. I think from this round on ANYONE can fail to make it to the next.

I think I'll keep most of the current line-up as I have some bargains (Eagles@6.3, Reid 10.8 and Billy@7.9). Anyway...


Good Luck next week

Bojan said...

hi ToffeeDave, good to have you back... 3rd with 96 points and H Rod in the snow...

Anonymous said...

Wait, where are round 2 results? I scored 200.5 in the 2nd rd, was that not enough to get through?

popcorn

Bradley said...

Sorry you're out, AM. Somehow I've made it to the next round. Our universe is a place of wonder and mystery. It truly is better to be lucky than good.

Blog Cup round 2 was on week 12. The highest score was 173 points posted by the team "Ttooulos":

http://yahoofantasyfootballuk.blogspot.com/2009/11/week-12-round-up-blog-cup-round-2.html

Bradley said...

Bad news for you, AM; good news for me. Looks like Yahoo/Opta is correcting the mistake on Chucho's assist as we speak.

Anonymous said...

Just great. After I was knocked out in the second round with the third worst score, I would've been fourth if I'd passed it to this round. That is really annoying, but I hope I'll have another chance on the AM Challenge.
A lot of trading still to be done - Defoe and Heitinga are in the biggest danger as I lean towards dropping them for Saha and Givet. I've just seen the highlights from the Everton v Brum match and seen that Saha scored a goal that was wrongly cancelled, and was close to other SOT, while Defoe hasn't been returning the invesment in the past few weeks. About Givet - I just think he'll get more phantom points than Heitinga. But this move is still not sure, so I'll appriciate any advice.

SF

Assistant Manager said...

Hey Toffee Dave - good to see you back here mate. My season is stuttering along at the moment, one good week followed by a bad one, but at least Spurs are doing well!

Popcorn - I think there might be some confusion mate, nobody scored 200 in Round 2, as Bradley said the top score 173. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Well done to all of you who got through!

Cheers,
AM

markygoods said...

what a woefull week, got 41.5 points. Haven't done that bad since I forgot to save changes on a ten man team last year and got a big fat zero. Anyways all my talk about having a settled team with good discounts blah blah...... is gone, Immediatley droped defoe and lennon, while i'm sure they will score well in the future, they are just not consistent enough to be season keepers. So in came an old friend, Lamps. I had him all last year when he was consistent, i reckon he's playin better latley and taking penos well. Also got Diaby in who has improved alot as a fantasy player, sold Arsh too for much the same reasons as above.Not sure yet on my final team for the weekend but clarification on the triple week is in my mind and will be a deciding factor. I'm starting to waver on my decision to keep Drogs during the ANC too, if he throws out another couple of performances like that I think my decision will be alot easier.

FanKuat said...

think he mistaken with AM Challenge cup? =)
cheers guys

Anonymous said...

Wigan vs Bolton match postponed...., how about our Kirkland & Yayga points,if got? Hope Yahoo still remember to add back those in future.

Rgds.
Ajani

Bradley said...

@Ajani: Sorry, it doesn't work that way. We're just screwed. At whatever date the FA reschedules the match for, Wigan and Bolton will have a double-game week that everyone can participate in as usual. It's just like a player in your line-up unexpectedly being benched, except this time all XXII didn't play.

4 more points from the correction for Chucho's assist, and I move up 152 places. I even avoid setting a new personal worst score, which really emphasizes how badly I did 2 weeks ago. This week I had 2 players in a postponed match, and I still came out with a higher score.

The Greek said...

I'm glad i made it to the next round with 83 points. But having KPB(scoring 13,5) and dropping him for N'Zogbia(who made a big snowman today) is a bit disappointing.

Doctor Teeth said...

Auf wiederseden, meinen kameraden...I should not complain given my side's shocking performance from this past weekend but it pains me a bit that I (presumably) would have made it through to the next round if Cristian Benitez had correctly been credited with an assist in the Everton game. And here I was already preparing my acceptance speech for next Spring.

Fret not...sic transit gloria.

Doctor Teeth said...

STOP THE PRESSES!!!

AM - I think you need to recalculate the results...YFF DID just credit me with an assist for Chucho and so I know have 50.5 points and would just make the cut-off. That of course assumes that the cut-off point does not move upward due to other teams having Chucho as well.

WOOOOAAAAHHH - what intrigue....

Anonymous said...

Looks like some scores has been updated...might need to update the list. For me, I think Chucho got awarded his assist...so I am up to 48.5. just short...

Munsoned

Anonymous said...

Yeah and I lost 1/2 (half) a point. How does this happen?

Bradley said...

@Anon 2:18: Some of the other stats must've been corrected as well. A few weeks ago I lost a point because Dempsey and BFAR each had his tally reduced 0.5 during a similar readjustment. It's annoying when you lose points, but you have to give Yahoo credit for trying to be accurate. Strictly speaking, the fault here lies with Opta, their stats provider.

Anonymous said...

sorry mate,but im a lil bit confuse regarding the cup.which one is the knockout cup??means that once u r out,u cant get into it again..thanx

Anonymous said...

hi, i made it through to the 2nd round. and i don't see my team on this list. and i got 65 points this round. i'm in group - YFF4 Assistant Blog 09/10
team name - liverpool

Anonymous said...

actually is the am cup and the blog cup two different things? i apologise. i made it through the first round of the am cup. keep up the good work

Assistant Manager said...

Yes, The Blog Cup & The AM Challenge are 2 separate competitions. The Blog Cup was only for he first 3 Blog Leagues. I started The AM Challenge later, for all 6 Blog Leagues.

I'm going to need to re-calculate the scores today as Yahoo made some point adjustments last night over Benitez's assist. Keep checking back.

Anonymous said...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=716735&sec=england&cc=4716

Robinho will play! New manager, New ideas. RSC must be worry over his playing time now, will he?

Assistant Manager said...

Please see the updated results table above - Benitez's assist has raised the cut-off to 50.5...just enough for you to sneak through Teeth!

Ali8305 said...

AM,

First let me start off by saying your blog has helped me a lot as far choosing the right players are concerned.I've not only become more competitive in my own league but have managed to do awesome overall as well. Cheers to you

Secondly, i got 59.5 points for the week shouldnt i qualify for the next round?

Anonymous said...

Well Done Doc !
Very pleased for you.

Hans_India

Assistant Manager said...

Ali - thanks for the comments.

There are 2 separate Cup Competitions. Please read the comment I have added to my post (under the results table).

Cheers

Naning said...

Wow, I'm still there. And I wasn't even close to get knocked out. I guess this week was terrible for most managers.

Doctor Teeth said...

Sweeeeeeet....what an escape from the jaws of defeat! Cheers, AM!

gman26 said...

Looking at the cutoff, I see a 'FC Green Wave'. Tulane alum? If so, Roll Wave Roll.

gman26 said...

That was weird because I was watching the EPL highlights last night(in the States) and saw that it was a clear assist by Benitez so I checked this morning and saw the assist. I didn't realize that we had been gypped from the beginning.

I didn't get to watch the game live but watching the Man City highlights it was painful to watch how bad their defense is. Hopefully Mancini can sort the back out a bit. Remember when Lescott was a good fantasy player?

Anonymous said...

Wow I had no idea I was in this competition and to my surprice, I've advanced to the next round. Now I'm nervious as I feel under pressure to get the right team together, as before I didn't even have to worry about getting knocked out...aw well, I'll see how far I can get. Go "Lion's Gate"!!!
AM- Would you consider Shay Given now that Mancini's in charge at City? Thanks
(Honduran-Saul)

Fidan said...

That's the same worry for me too Saul. Given now, with Mancini in charge, represents a reliable value imo...but, I have Almunia @7.88, so I'm VERY reluctant to make the call.

@ Everyone - Yahoo finally put the Stoke-Fulham and Arsenal-Bolton match on this D/T gameweek. Sooo, good luck to all on them chosing to ride heavily on TG...!!!

Cheers...!!!

Fidan said...

Guys, I have a "little" problem. I've got 10 players selected and I love every and each one of them (some for the fix they have and some for doing a great job for me on last 4 or 5 weeks)...!!!
Now:

Almunia
Verm,Huth,(8,54$)
Eagles(@6.2),Reid(10.8),Billy(7.9),MTay(15.7)
Drogs(10.6),Robinho(11.5),EdS(7.4)

So far my only worry is "not having any ManU players" in my team. And the final DF spot.
Any suggestion would be welcomed...!!!!

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of dropping Drogba (@10) and Denilson for Klasnic and Zamora. I know it makes sense but every fibre of my being tells me I'm downgrading. I need some moral support (or advice) lads please!
-CJ SHIELDS

Post a Comment